Public WorksWelcome to the Public Works Department homepage! The department is responsible for the maintenance of streets, water supply, sanitary sewer service, storm drainage systems, parks & trails, and all public properties and facilities. Public Works includes the Streets, Parks, and Utilities Departments as well as the Engineering and Forestry Divisions..
Who should I call…
- to locate underground utilities?
- if there’s a water main break?
- if my sewer line was cleaned?
- If there’s a sewer gas odor in my home?
- to report a pothole?
- to report a fallen tree in the public right-of-way or City street?
- to report broken playground equipment at a City park?
Tell me about…
- Current Public Works Projects
- The schedule for future street reconstruction projects
- Snow plowing
- Rain gardens
The Utilities Department is responsible for the water supply, wastewater collection, and the storm water management infrastructure. We cooperate with Gopher State One Call in locating underground utilities for contractors and homeowners planning to dig, trench or bore underground. Always call 48 hours before you plan to dig and remember, this service will not cost you anything and may save your life!
- Gopher State One Call number is (651) 454-0002 or 1-(800) 252-1166 B-4-U-DIG!
If you experience a water main break or sewer back up, please call:
- Main Utilities Department number (763) 531-1166; Mon – Fri; 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- After hours, emergency on-call Utilities Department number is (763) 525-6215
After you have had your sewer line cleaned, please call the Utilities Department at (763) 531-1166. The City’s main line will be check for any roots or debris.
If you are experiencing a sewer gas odor in your home, try this remedy: Pour at least one gallon of water down your basement floor drain. The water in the drain’s trap will act as a barrier to block the gas from entering your home.
Please call the Streets Department at (763) 531-1164 to report a pothole. Leave your name, phone number, and the location of the pothole.
Please call the Streets Department at (763) 531-1164 to report a fallen tree in the public right-of-way or on a City street. Leave your name, phone number, and the location of the fallen tree. The Streets Department does NOT remove trees on private property.
If you see a piece of broken or vandalized playground equipment at a City park, please call (763) 531-1158 and leave your name, phone number, and the park location. You’ll receive a return call and be informed of how the City addressed your concerns.
Future street reconstruction schedule
Click here for a map outlining future street reconstruction projects.